Thursday, August 16, 2012

It actually began quite some time ago, but it's starting to get real. Undergraduate degree...CHECK. TESOL Certification...CHECK. Application to teach ESL in Korea...CHECK. I have been given an opportunity to interview for a job in Andong City, South Korea. It is pretty close to Daeju and would start in December. This would give me a sufficient amount of time to tie up loose ends and sort everything out. My only setback is that Andong is a smaller city compared to others in South Korea. Its population is under 200,000 which can be seen as big, but compared to Seoul's 10,000,000, it is small. Not that small is a bad thing, its just the ability to easily travel the country. Andong does have outlets to travel such as the bus or train, but can take a good chunk of the day to travel to cities such as Seoul or Busan. Also, I am not sure how many other foreign teachers there are there. I would really like to go somewhere where there are other foreign teachers to have someone who can relate to you and knows what you are going though. A support system. I am still researching and thinking about it, so we will see what happens. Sometimes all this seems surreal but it feels right. I feel like this is the path that I want to take. That is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment