Sunday, December 15, 2013

The One Year Mark & Some Awesome News

My one year mark has come and gone by now, but it was pretty exciting. My director and I had a meeting to discuss my contract and its renewal. Everything is basically the same. I asked for a raise though and got it. And she also informed me that she was going to let me GO HOME FOR A VISIT!!! I was so surprised. I wasn't expecting to be able to go back until the end of 2014. I was really happy though. It almost brought me to tears. She explained that I would be docked pay for the days outside of the scheduled holiday I would be away. Clearly I don't have a problem with that. This was actually back in September and it took a long time for me to find out when exactly I was going to be in Canada. At first she had given me 8 days. In truth I was disappointed because that just isn't enough time. In the end it worked out that I could have 16 days with my family and friends. Naturally I am so thrilled and happy to be given this chance to go.

My trip home is now less than two weeks away and I've finished an online course that I have been taking since September so I am free to get everything sorted before I head out. I am excited to do some time travelling. My flight leaves Korea at 1:15pm and lands in Detroit at 12:00 noon on the same day. Whoaaaa! haha Too bad it won't feel like no time has passed. Unfortunately when I return to Korea my travel time takes a day longer. All in all I am really looking forward to seeing all my family and friends.

I've been in Korea for 13 months now and I can't believe it! Time is going by so quickly. I am still really liking it and am happy to be here. I feel like come November I will be ready to go back home though.

Here's to another great 11 months in Korea! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment